Statistics and Actuarial Science Endowment Awards
One or more awards, each valued at the university's award minimum or more, will be granted annually in any term to full-time undergraduate students who meet the following criteria:
- are enrolled full-time in the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science in the Faculty of Science;
- are in their third or fourth year of study;
- have a declared major in Statistics or Actuarial Science;
- are in good academic standing; and
- have demonstrated commitment to the department and/or the their chosen discipline, for example (but not exclusively) by:
-serving as a volunteer at department events;
-representing the department at University/external events;
-serving as a volunteer for activities sponsored by professional societies of Statistics or Actuarial Science;
-serving on the executive board of the Statistics and Actuarial Science Student Association;
-undertaking activities to enhance the engagement of peers with the department and/or its related disciplines;
-undertaking activities to enhance the stature of the department and/or its related disciplines.
Applications must include:
- a brief statement (one page or less) describing the events and particular activities that the student engaged in and, for activities not sponsored by the department, their added value to the department and/or its related disciplines;
- letters of reference or other evidence of involvement from a faculty member or other individual confirming participation in the activities.