Schedule of Stats courses
- See the current timetable, available from goSFU, for SFU Undergraduate and Graduate classes
Teaching Assistant/Tutor Marker Positions
The Teaching Assistant positions are posted on our web site at http://www.stat.sfu.ca/jobs/ta-tmjobs.html and on the central job posting at http://www.sfu.ca/dean-gradstudies/job-postings.html.
Appointees are expected to be available for the entire term of the contract.
Graduate students in our department are considered to have applied to all available TA positions. If you wish to be considered for a particular course in a particular capacity (e.g. marker only, tutor only) please state this in the comments section. Please note that some TA assignments will require travel to SFU Surrey.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Awards and Financial Aid
- Graduate Student Financial Support: Departmental Criteria
- Departmental Student Awards
- SFU Internal Awards including entrance awards: you must request consideration for such awards at the time you apply for graduate studies by filling out the following form when you apply for graduate studies.
- External Awards
- SFU Graduate Awards
- Application for Awards
- SFU Graduate Student Financial Aid info
- SAS Certification Reimbursement
Please note that until further notice all defences are being held completely remotely, so please follow procedures specifically for remote defences.
- Obtaining credit for STAT 812 through Co-op
- MSc Defences - onsite defences only
- PhD Defence - onsite defences only
- Covid-19 Completely Remote Defences (MSc or PhD)
Prior to your defence date:
- Set up a practice defence in the same room as your defence to make sure all devices are working properly.
- For MSc students that may have a committee member attending remotely, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in advance.
- Instructions for Video Conferencing in K9509
- Tips for preparing for the Statistics Master's programme
- Tips for preparing for the Actuarial Science Master's programme
- Suggested external courses for our grad students
- Computing resources
- Thesis/projects by former graduate students in the department
- SFU library research tutorials (including a tutorial on Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism)
- Visit our graduate students
- See which of our courses are accredited for partial fulfillment of the educational requirements for the associate statistician (AStat) designation offered by the Statistical Society of Canada.
- Questions for your supervisor
- Surviving graduate school