Schedule of Stats courses
- See the current timetable, available from goSFU, for SFU Undergraduate and Graduate classes
Teaching Assistant/Tutor Marker Positions
The Teaching Assistant positions are posted on our web site at http://www.stat.sfu.ca/jobs/ta-tmjobs.html and on the central job posting at http://www.sfu.ca/dean-gradstudies/job-postings.html.
Appointees are expected to be available for the entire term of the contract.
Graduate students in our department are considered to have applied to all available TA positions. If you wish to be considered for a particular course please state that in the comments section.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Teaching Assistant & Sessional Instuctor Payroll Appointments
Awards and Financial Aid
- Graduate Student Financial Support: Departmental Criteria
- Departmental Student Awards
- SFU Internal Awards including entrance awards: you must request consideration for such awards at the time you apply for graduate studies by filling out the following form when you apply for graduate studies.
- External Awards
- SFU Graduate Awards
- Application for Awards
- SFU Graduate Student Financial Aid info
- SAS Certification Reimbursement
Financial support is available through the department to encourage student professional development:
- Computing Resources
- Thesis/Projects by former graduate students in the department
- SFU library research tutorials (including a tutorial on Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism)
- Surviving Graduate School
- Visit Our Graduate Students
- See which of our courses are accredited for partial fulfillment of the educational requirements for the associate statistician (AStat) designation offered by the Statistical Society of Canada.
- Suggested external courses for our grad students