Admission for Fall 2018 is now closed
These dealines are for admission to the following Fall (September) semester.
Application Period Opens: October 1, 2018
Application Period Closes: January 07, 2019
Supporting Documents Deadline: January 15, 2019
References Deadline: January 15, 2019
- We admit only for the Fall (September) semester.
- You are not required to find a supervisor before applying to any of the graduate programs. If you are admitted to one of our graduate programs, you will be assigned a supervisor.
- We do not require GRE test results.
- Letters of reference are submitted through the online application system by the referees directly. Once your application is submitted, an automatic email will be sent to your referees with complete instructions for submitting their letters of reference.
- Unofficial transcripts and other requried documents are to be uploaded to the online application.
- Please do not mail hard copies to the department (unofficial transcripts, cv, references, unofficial language scores)
- Official transcripts are only required when an offer has been made. If offered, please send 1 copy of each Official Transcirpt from your Post-Seconday Institution(s) to the Department, Attention: Graduate Admissions.
- Before you Apply
- Admission requirements
- Tuition fees (click on Research Programs, full-time fee) International students pay the same fees as domestic students
- Application Process
- How to pay fees - Please note admission fee is $250
- Medical Insurance
US and International
- International Academic Requirements
- TOEFL or IELTS - Request electronic submission to be sent to Simon Fraser University
- Fees and Cost of Living
- Medical Insurance - International
- International Student and Advising (ISAP)
- Study and Work Permits
Please see our Department Graduate Program Brochure for more details
Teaching and Research Assistantships are available to students under the following departmental policy. Most TA work is performed in our open workshop for undergraduates. There are also a number of competitive scholarships and fellowships available. Generally we accept only students for whom some combination of TA and RA work is available to provide full support.
For further information, please contact:
Graduate Program Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org