Forms To Complete
Print, Complete and Sign the following forms:
NOTE: your employee# is the same as your SFU ID#
- TSSU Assignment of Wages Form - this form is not required for Research Assistant Appointments or USRA Appointments
- Personal Data Form - please complete and sign
- Federal Tax Form & Provincial Tax Form - Tax forms must be completed to ensure correct tax rate is applied to taxable income. Please estimate your annual fees in Canada. If you are not certain of the amount to enter on the Tax froms, please sign the forms and Payroll will default to basic exemption. Tuition Fee - Click Research Programs > full-time fee.
Please submit the following documents with the above forms:
- Void Cheque OR a pdf of your Bank Account Verification/Direct deposit form. International students will need to set up a Canadian bank account. Please make sure you have a ‘bank verification ‘downloaded from your online banking (Canadian), or a printed form from your bank branch. (not a handwritten)
- Study or Working Permit - International Students
- SIN letter from Service Canada International Students
- Permanent Residence - submit a copy of your PR card front and back, and your SIN card front and back or your SIN letter
All completed forms and documents should be submitted to:
Graduate Secretary - SCK10547 or scan to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Direct Deposit form – online banking:
Scotia Bank – http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,63,00.html
The above banks are the most commonly used. If you are dealing with another bank, please go to their webpage - serach ‘how to set up a direct deposit.’
TSSU BENEFIT COVERAGE IS NOT AUTOMATIC - YOU MUST APPLY TO ENROLL IN BENEFITS. General FAQ's, Benefits, Collective Agreement etc, can be found on the Human Resourse TSSU INFO webpage or on the TSSU Webpage
- If you had an active TSSU appointment last semester and are already enrolled in the SFU group MSP coverage, you do not need to re-apply this semester.
- If you currently have an active TSSU appointment and will NOT be holding another position in the following term, you have the option to maintain coverage under the MSP group plan for the next one or two semesters following the end of your current TA or SI Appointment; ONLY by completing and forwarding the Continuation of Coverage form (attached) and proof of payment to Payroll BEFORE the End of your Current Fall Term Appointment. Form can be found HERE
- Prepayment by cheque or cash of 100% of the premiums must be made at the Bookstore; proof of payment for the first semester must then be remitted to Payroll along with the form by the last day of the semester in which you had an active appointment. For a second semester of coverage, prepayment of the premiums for that semester must be made prior to the end of the first semester's coverage. If you do not pre-pay to maintain your coverage, you are required to re-apply for coverage at the beginning of the next semester in which you have an appointment.
Paystub and T4 Information
- Go to myinfo.sfu.ca and log on with your SFU Computing ID & Password.
- Select Payroll and Compensation Home
- Select View Paycheque
This will bring up your most current PayStub (these are posted on the Wednesday afternoon before payday). From here, if you'd like to view older PayStubs, select View A Different Payment which is located on the top right under your Net Pay, Check Date, Salary Info